Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Loving God, Trusting His Plan in Times of Loss

In my quiet time today, I was thinking about knowing God better so I could love him more. When I love Him more I'll trust Him more. Trusting God's plan when you have lost someone whom you didn't think should have died, is hard. So, how can I work on loving God more, so my trust will increase?


I was reading in Psalms 73 today. The author, Asaph admits in the second verse, that his feet have almost slipped and he has almost lost his foothold. Over the first 16 verses, Asaph focuses on his struggles and the wicked people in his life.

In verse 17, Asaph has a significant change in his focus. He enters into the sanctuary, or presence of God. Suddenly, he begins to praise God for always being with him, for guiding him, for being his strength, and for His promise of glory after death. Asaph stopped focusing on "self" and began to focus on God's promises for him. He ends his Psalm by stating, "As for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds."

How about you? Tell us some of God's marvelous deeds in your life. Think about a time when you lost a loved one, yet even in the midst of all your pain and hurt, you could see the blessings of God in your life! We would love to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. The answer was clear after I attended a fundraiser some life coaches had organised for terminal cancer patients. Imagine how happy I was to find out that I could study to be one myself without having to rearrange my schedule and that I could counsel clients before I graduated from the course.

    life coaches

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. life coach cleveland ohio

    ReplyDelete